Cuong Nhu (pronounced “Kung New”) was founded by OSensei Ngo Dong in 1965 in Hue, Vietnam and in 1971 in Gainesville, Florida.
We focus on respect, discipline and having fun.
Progress requires commitment, practice and patience.
Cuong Nhu Oriental Martial Arts Association is a standardized and federally recognized non-profit educational organization influenced by the basic elements of Aikido, Boxing, Judo, Shotokan Karate, Tai Chi Chuan, Vovinam and Wing Chun.
Classes are small. Each student gets plenty of individual attention (4 students per instructor).
Each individual is unique. I accept most students around 10 years old and up. Sometimes waiting until the kids are older is better for the child’s self esteem.
- res•pect (noun): thinking and acting in a positive way about yourself or others.
thinking and acting in a way that shows others you care about their feelings and their well-being.
- com•mit•ment (noun): the state or quality of being dedicated to a cause, activity, etc.
I require potential students to meet with me one on one to determine their acceptance & placement in to my classes. Please call to set up an appointment for an interview.
Rates are affordable because Cuong Nhu is a lifestyle & requires commitment. You achieve rank through practice & perseverance. The journey continues beyond black belt.
- Cuong Nhu Wheee! Warriors ~ 5-9 years old ~ $35/month
- classes are 45 minutes & meets once a week
- Cuong Nhu Young Warriors ~ 10 years old & up ~ $60/month
- classes are 60 minutes & meets twice a week
- Cuong Nhu Adults ~ $60/month
- classes are 90 minutes & meets twice a week
- Each additional family member from the same household ~ $20/month
- Individual/Small Group Lessons $15/30 minutes ~ $25/60 minutes
Women, People of Color and LGBTQ Workouts ~ $7/class
- classes are 60 minutes & meets once or twice a week
- Cuong Nhu Annual National Membership Dues ~ $40/individual, $65/family